Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I-11 Maps/Proposed Route
While the Stop I-11 in Hidden Valley group would like to see the freeway follow I-8 west to Hwy 85 and go N from there, the current proposal, and the one suggested by the state ignores all the comments and supporting material to follow a different route that cuts out approximately 16 minutes of travel time.  This is achieved by coming into the S side of Casa Grande, turning west along Barnes Road and going west to Amarillo Valley Road where it would swing NW to the intersection of Hwy 85 and I-10.  This route goes through countless homes, disrupts a dairy in Buckeye, and cuts close to the now-closed dairy at Louis Johnson Blvd and Amarillo Valley Road.  Here are the maps of the route from which a smaller path will be selected.

(01-21-2022, 06:03 PM)Rainfire Wrote: While the Stop I-11 in Hidden Valley group would like to see the freeway follow I-8 west to Hwy 85 and go N from there, the current proposal, and the one suggested by the state ignores all the comments and supporting material to follow a different route that cuts out approximately 16 minutes of travel time.  This is achieved by coming into the S side of Casa Grande, turning west along Barnes Road and going west to Amarillo Valley Road where it would swing NW to the intersection of Hwy 85 and I-10.  This route goes through countless homes, disrupts a dairy in Buckeye, and cuts close to the now-closed dairy at Louis Johnson Blvd and Amarillo Valley Road.  Here are the maps of the route from which a smaller path will be selected.

Here are some close-ups of various areas.

Attached Files
.jpg   Hidden Valley 1 Overview.jpg (Size: 1.78 MB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   Hidden Valley 2 Overview.jpg (Size: 1.86 MB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   Amarillo Valley & Barnes.jpg (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Warren & Teel overview.jpg (Size: 1.85 MB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Close-up Warren and Teel.jpg (Size: 2.17 MB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Medium View Warren and Teel.jpg (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   Sage & Papago 1.jpg (Size: 3.26 MB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   Papago & Fulcar overview.jpg (Size: 2.25 MB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   Papagp & Allegro Roads.jpg (Size: 2.79 MB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   Table Top and Fulcar Road 1.jpg (Size: 1.83 MB / Downloads: 3)